MISS BERKS COUNTY AND MISS GREATER READING
Miss Contestant Application and Forms
To download the Microsoft Word files to your computer either left click and choose either "Open" or "Save" or right click and select "Save Target As." If you "Save" or "Save Target As" remember the folder to which you have saved the file so you can open the it later. If you open the Microsoft Word file, you can save it when you have finished working on it or looking at it. If you click on one of the Adobe Acrobat files it will open in either Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader provided you have one of them installed on your computer. If you do not have either installed, Adobe Reader is a free download by clicking the link below.
AGE | Contestant must meet the following requirements:
- Must be born on or between January 1, 1993 - December 31, 2000.
- Contestant must be at least 17 years of age AND at least a senior in high school to compete in the current pageant season.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age on the first day of the State Competition.
- Must not be older than twenty-five (25) years of age as of December 31, 2018.
- For avoidance of doubt, 18-year-old high school juniors or sophomores, but not a graduating senior, must compete at MAOTeen.
RESIDENCY/WORK/SCHOOL | Contestant must satify at least one (1) of the following requirements:
- Contestant must prove she is a Pennsylvania resident for the six (6) month period preceding the local pageant date OR
- Contestant must prove she is a full-time employee in Pennsylvania for the six (6) month period preceding the local pageant date OR
- Contestant must prove she has successfully completed at least on semester as a full-time (at least 12 credit hours) student and be presently enrolled and attending classes on a full-time basis at an accredited college or university in Pennyslvania. Also, no more than six (6) months may have elasped between the completion of the last full-time semester attended and the beginning of the next full-time semester to be attended at a college or university in Pennsylvania.
MISS BERKS COUNTY | Contestants must meet the following requirements:
- Contestant must prove she is a Berks County resident OR
- Contestant must prove she is a full-time employee in Berks County OR
- Contestant must prove she has successfully completed at least one semester as a full-time (at least 12 credit hours) student and be presently enrolled and attending classes on a full-time basis at an accrediated college or university in Berks County. Also, no more than six (6) months may have elapsed between the completion of the last full-time semester attended and the beginning of the next full-time semester to be attended at a college or university in Berks County.
Miss Contestants are selected based upon five areas of scoring:
- Interview: 25%
- Lifestyle & Fitness in Swimsuit: 10%
- Talent: 30%
- Evening Wear: 15%
- On-stage Question: 20%
There is no entry fee for Miss Contestants. Miss contestants must simply raise a minimum of $100 for the Children's Miracle Network (CMN). If a contestant has competed in other local pageants of the 2017 season, $400 makes a contestant eligible for all local pageants for that competition year. Donations are made through the contestant's registration on the MissAmerica4Kids.org website.
The Crown Plaza Reading is the preferred hotel of the Miss Berks County Scholarship Organization.
Call the hotel directly at Toll Free 1-877-814-2538 to make your reservation today!
Group Name: Miss Berks Pageant
Group Code: BKP
Daily rate: $92.00 +tax, room & tax only
Available dates: March 02 - 04, 2018
Cutoff / Release Date: February 23, 2018 **Please make your reservations prior to this date to insure availability of rooms and discounted rate.
Guests may also make online booking reservations HERE