MISS GREATER READING'S OUTSTANDING TEEN
Teen Contestant Application and Forms
To download the Microsoft Word files to your computer either left click and choose either "Open" or "Save" or right click and select "Save Target As." If you "Save" or "Save Target As" remember the folder to which you have saved the file so you can open the it later. If you open the Microsoft Word file, you can save it when you have finished working
on it or looking at it. If you click on one of the Adobe Acrobat files it will open in either Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader provided you have one of them installed on your computer. If you do not have either installed, Adobe Reader is a free download by clicking the link below.
AGE | Contestant must meet the following requirements:
- Contestant must be between the ages of twelve (12) and seventeen (17) years to compete in the current pageant season.
- Contestant must be age thirteen (13) by the first day of the State Competition.
- May not have graduated from high school before the start of the MAOTeen National Finals, except for 16-year-olds (or younger) who graduated early.
- May not turn eighteen (18) years of age on or before July 31 of the year of the National Fianls in which she will compete.
- For the avoidance of doubt, 18-year-old high school juniors and sophomores, but not a graduating senior, must compete at MAOTeen.
- Contestant must reside in, be enrolled in and attending classes on a full time basis at an accredited public, private or home schooling program.
RESIDENCY/WORK/SCHOOL | Contestant must satisfy at least one (1) of the following requirements:
- Contestant must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the six (6) month period prior to the local pageant date OR
- Contestant must be a full time student in a high school, junior high school or middle school (or the equivalent) located within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania who has already completed one semester of school during the last semester (Fall 2016).
Teen Contestants are selected based upon four areas of scoring:
- Interview: 25%
- Lifestyle & Fitness in Sportswear: 15%
- Talent: 35%
- Evening Wear & On-stage Question: 25%
There is a $100 entry fee for Teen Contestants. Checks should be made payable to "The Miss Berks County Scholarship Organization." Teen contestants must register on the MissAmerica4Kids.org website. The suggested goals is raise $100 but you are not required to make a donation to the Children's Miracle Network, the national platform for the Miss America Organization. You are welcome, however, to riase as much as you want to support MAO and CMN.
The Crown Plaza Reading is the preferred hotel of the Miss Berks County Scholarship Organization.
Call the hotel directly at Toll Free 1-877-814-2538 to make your reservation today!
Group Name: Miss Berks Pageant
Group Code: BKP
Daily rate: $92.00 +tax, room & tax only
Available dates: March 02 - 04, 2018
Cutoff / Release Date: February 23, 2018 **Please make your reservations prior to this date to insure availability of rooms and discounted rate.
Guests may also make online booking reservations HERE